Well, it's been almost a year since I posted last...I really haven't made this a priority and kind of gave up on it for a while. I hope to remedy that right here and now! I have a lot of important things to say about my sweet, precious boys. That is, they are sweet and precious SOME of the time! :)
Spencer has just started kindergarten two, almost three weeks ago. So far it is going great! The first day of school he was a bit nervous, but he did great! One thing we decided was Adam or I will drive him to school in the mornings and we were going to let him ride the bus home. The school will provide busing to us because we live across a major parkway from the school. We didn't want him to be bused in the morning because ALL the elementary kids go together and I wasn't quite sure about sending him on the bus with the older kids quite yet. However, since the kindergarten gets out one hour before the rest of the school, the bus ride home is only kindergartners! Well, needless to say, he LOVES the bus! In fact, the first day of school he jumped off the bus, I ask him how he liked it and he replied, (shouted) "I love the bus! You don't even have to wear a seat belt!"
Spencer has been coming home happy and totally hyper from being dead tired. He is going to bed pretty well, we have been implementing family exercise nights and go on bike rides, walks, roller skating or something active each night, so he has been ready for bed at 8:00! :) He hasn't really complained too much about getting up at 6:30, although, the second day of school he was almost crying telling me that he wanted to switch schools and go to a school that started later. He also reported to me that in school he raised his hand when the teacher asked for questions and he asked why school started so early. I haven't really heard any complaints in the morning since then, so he must be adjusting all right. We are really pleased with the work that he is bringing home, it's completed, and done neatly and with his name on it! GO SPENCER! :)
Elliott is 15 months now, and his is a little spitfire! He is not happy when Spencer leaves for school in the mornings! But, once we wave good bye (if Adam takes him) I ask him if he wants to play with toys and that seems to help him forget his sadness. Man, he is a little daredevil who likes to test his limits! Yesterday he got his first time-out for not listening. When we are all in our master bathroom downstairs getting ready, he loves to turn on the water in the jacuzzi. That seems to be so much fun for him! It's really annoying to us. We tell him no, time and time again, but he still goes back to it. Well, yesterday, I told him no, looked at him right in the eye, and told him if he did it again, he'd get a time-out. He did it again. I said "Okay, Elliott has a time- out." I put him in the corner and he sat for about a minute. He got up, I looked at him again and said, "No more water or you'll get another time out." IT WORKED! Let's see how long this lasts! :)
I can tell Elliott likes his one on one time with Mom and Dad, playing toys without Big Brother getting mad at him, (what Spencer doesn't know can't hurt him, right?) reading books, and in general, getting doted on. But he sure does like it when Spencer comes home from the bus! We wait by the window when its around 2:00 and when we see the bus come around the corner, he runs to the door and points. Sometimes he yells, "buh-thuh!" Then I open the door, Elliott runs out and Spencer rhops down the bus steps and just as excitedly, he runs to the house and greets us! That is such an awesome moment in my day! :)
Then, Spencer comes in, we look through his backpack, and get right to playing...and then the boys get to doing what they do best lately, getting on each others' nerves. They love each other, but they can get into it as well. I think I have blogged enough tonight, I think I will save that for later!
No comments:
Post a Comment